A good friend of mine named Andrew Welch owns Ambrosia Software and they’re looking for a UNIX system administrator. If you’re into the Mac and Mac games, Ambrosia is the place to be. Below is the job listing he asked me to post.
Ambrosia Software, Inc. is seeking an energetic UNIX system administrator to work on-site at its Rochester, NY headquarters. This position offers an exciting opportunity for any UNIX admin who possesses experience in UNIX systems administration, and would be interested in managing the IT infrastructure of a vibrant software company.
Duties will include maintaining internal and co-located datacenters w/ RAID storage arrays, configuring and maintaining http/https/dns/ file servers, coordinating internal and external networks, setting IT policy and standards for the company, deciding IT equipment purchases, with some custom shell/php scripting work.
The position offers flexible working hours, excellent benefits with a 401K plan w/company matching, medical & dental covered 100% by Ambrosia, and a casual but challenging working environment. If you are a self-starter with comprehensive UNIX experience, a passion for excellence, and are comfortable with managing both the higher-level decision making and the intricate implementation details, you will excel in this position.
– BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience in the field.
– In-depth knowledge of UNIX, networking, and shell scripting.
– Knowledge of security tools and best practices
– Solid network fundamentals, including TCP/IP routing, interface management, service configuration, etc.
– Strong problem resolution skills and a proven ability to learn new technical environments.
– Work within the following shell environments: bash, csh, tsch.
– Intimately familiar with Apache administration and configuration.
– Knowledge of Perl and PHP scripting.
– Experience with ssh, ftp, sftp, http, https, Sendmail, snmp, and dns.
– Experience with MacOS X (client and server) a plus.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as oral and written skills.
– Ability to acquire and maintain trusted employee status.
If interested, please forward your resume to Andrew Welch at andrew@AmbrosiaSW.com